Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mock Embryo Overload


Today was my Mock Embryo Transfer. Or what I like to call simply another excuse to get me up in the stirrups. Anyway this was a chance for the Dr. to do a test run for the big day. He was able to check his instruments and see what size would be best. He got to map out my uterus and other interesting regions. I'm sure it was all very fascinating, fortunately it wasn't too painful or scary. What was scary though was the trip down the stairs to the pharmacy. This is what I was given...






This entire bag filled to the brim with the medications I would be using in the next 6 weeks. When the tech brought it out to me I just stared at her. I couldn't believe how much stuff there was. I don't think I said one single word while I was being rung up. I felt a sense of panic engulfing me. I felt so overwhelmed. Fortunately we have the prescription card of the gods and instead of this bundle costing us $3,000.00 we were able to pick it up for the bargain price of $85. I was feeling grateful and overwhelmed, but not as overwhelmed as when I got home and started taking everything out of the bag....


I'm finding it hard to believe that within 6 weeks I will have
injected or ingested all of these hormones.
Porter is also currently in shock since he will be the one in charge of doing the injecting.
Mama Mia!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I can't believe how much you have to take! That would definitely be overwhelming. At least it's for a good cause. :)

Suzanne said...

Holy wowzas! It looks like a pharmacy exploded on your couch. I do not envy you, dear... but keep in mind that it's worth it. Love ya. =)

Paul, Nat, Syd, and Maggie said...

You can do it!!! We will pray for you guys! Thanks for keeping us posted. We miss you like crazy. Take care and good luck!

Jennifer Guiver said...

Unbelievable!! On the up side, you'll never have to do it again and there is such a lovely purpose to the whole thing. We put your name in the temple last night and Maddie continues to pray for Aunt Diana and Aunt Porter every prayer she says.

HEATH RETREAT said...

HOLY CRAPOLA BATMAN! MY FACE LOOKED JUST LIKE YOURS WHILE LOOKING AT THE PICTURE. I CAN SEE WHY WE ARE SISTERS! I DONT THINK YOU SHOULD CHANCE GOING TO WORK THIS ENTIRE TIME OF DRUG EXPERIMENTATION. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU WILL BURST OUT IN WHO KNOWS WHAT KIND OF MANIAC BEHAVIOR!!!! TAKE A VACATION DURING THE WHOLE THING- HAWAII IS SOUNDING NICE. IF YOU GET FIRED ON THE WAY TOO YOUR NEW LIFE, JUST GO BLOW UP THE PHARMACY, YOU'LL FEEL BETTER, AND YOU WILL HAVE TO PUT THE BLAME ON SOMEONE. LOVE YA AND CALL ME

Marisa Hodges said...

Ohh My Word! That is a lot of Hormones! I can only imagine, I am in tears at the drop of a light birth control pill I cant imagine having to take all of that too! You can do it! We are keeping our fingers crossed for you. And if you need to be told you are right and reasonable at any point I got your back!