Porter celebrated his birthday on April 16th, and I once again managed to plan an awkward activity. I really am lousy at planning surprises or gifts for him. This year I found a Edgar Allen Poe themed restaurant called the Annabelle Lee Tavern, except it was more tavern then restaurant. It was the coolest looking place and I loved it, but unfortunately it was much more tavern then restaurant and Porter felt a bit uncomfortable being there with his pregnant wife who couldn't stop taking pictures and his 11 year old son who had never been to a bar before. I guess it wasn't the most logical place for a family of non drinkers to celebrate a birthday but hey it was still pretty cool. Porter did enjoyed my reading of the Poem that morning at breakfast, so I guess it wasn't all bad, and the food really was delicious, the open faced turkey sandwich still makes my mouth water. =)


Here we are tucked into one of the 3 tiny tables at the end of the bar. Byron didn't quite grasp the Gothic decor and thought they should clean the place up a bit. This is also me 8 months pregnant. I forgot to take an individual belly shot for the blog.
0 comments:
Post a Comment