Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm officially married to an A.B.D. !!

Yesterday was the big day. Porter took his Ph.D oral exam and passed! To send him off on a positive note Byron wrote all the inspirational thoughts he could think of on the shower wall.
(Byron and I are pretty sure this was what made Porter pass.)

This was my favorite thought.

Porter called us as soon as he came out of the test to let us know it was time to celebrate. Byron and I drove down to College Park to meet up with Porter and all his friends who have helped him prepare for the exam. It was great! Porter has some amazing friends.


Byron got nice and stuffed and was perfectly content knowing that he finally had his dad back. He's been working on lists of all the things that he hasn't been able to do with his dad for the last 6 weeks. Porter promised him that tonight they would start on the list.

4 comments:

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

That is terrific! Congrats to ALL of you!

Suzanne said...

1,000 Jedi??? I love it.

Congrats to Porter. And I'm very happy that you have your husband (and Byron's dad) back.

Marisa Hodges said...

Loved the shower comments, those are so cute. I have to admit that with all the talk about Porter in this post and seeing the first family picture of you all i forgot you were even pregnant! it took me a moment, You look awesome!

Anonymous said...

That is great news! Love the pics!