Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Memory for Dad

Today is my Dads birthday. I've been trying to figure out what to get him for his birthday and all I've been able to think about is what I want from him. Finally I realized that what I want is something he probably wants too. I want a dance with my Dad.
When I was still living at home my favorite thing to do Sundays after church was dance with my Dad. He would turn on the record player and we would dance around the living room. My Dad is a great dancer and I miss the feeling of being held in his arms and twirled around the room. When we were dancing around the room everything was perfect. The world was safe and small and everything was under control. When we would dance it was just the two of us, I was his brown eyed girl.
It's been 14 years since I last danced with him and I'd really like to have another dance. So Dad if you are reading this my present to you is my memory of our Sunday dances.
I love you and am glad I've been able to be your brown eyed girl.
Don't forget to save me a few more dances.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really sweet. I haven't seen your parents in ages. Remember high school way back when?! :) Love your dress by the way!!