
And so it begins. We are giving paternity one more shot, and have decided to do 1 round of invitro fertilization. It turns out our insurance here in Maryland covers the treatment. So with by biological clock decaying day by day we went in for my hysterosalpingogram (hsg). I had this test done numerous years ago and it was by far the most uncomfortable/painfull fertility procedure I'd ever had. I was pretty nervous going in for another one today.
(These pictures were taken after the procedure so please ignore the bed hair)
A few of my friends wanted to be kept informed so here goes. I arrive, I pee in a cup and am told I'm not pregnant (duh) and then head to an exam room. Where I learn that it makes a huge difference who performs the procedure. Last time I had this done I was sent to the hospital to have the x-ray department perform the test. Apparently boy radiologists who work at hospitals have no idea what they are doing so it hurts a lot more. Lesson Learned. Long story short my uterus looks good. It took a few flips of said uterus (ouch) and a balloon inserted to find my tubes but they seem to look good too. And as you can tell from the above picture I was smiling when I came out. So the journey begins.
5 comments:
First of all that test is stinky no good! And also I think you are totally brave and awesome! I hope everything works!
I am excited that you have begun the steps. It will be good to finally have an answer whatever it may end up being. I am excited for you guys and glad you are blogging about the experience!
Good luck Diana! I totally empathize with you. Let me know if you need anything. It will be a roller coaster, but can end in a miracle. You guys are all in my prayers.
Oh man, I'm excited and nervous and spazzy for you. I'm glad that it wasn't as uncomfortable this time around (y'know, relatively speaking). And you are the only person I know who could look so dang cute and smiley after such a procedure. You are seriously my hero.
I can't believe you left smiling & looking so non-chalant after having your uterus flipped a couple times. You are awesome & I hope everything goes well!
Post a Comment