Sunday, January 9, 2011

And He Cooks Too!

On Tuesday Porter and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary. I didn't get home from work until 8. I was pretty tired. fortunately we had already decided we were not going to celebrate until Porter completed his oral exams in February. So when I arrived home I was amazed to see that my non-cooking husband, with the help of our amazing son had whipped up a gourmet Indian meal. I couldn't believe it. They were both so proud. They had spent the day gathering ingredients and the evening cooking them all up. Byron chopped fresh ginger and garlic and even a pepper, all ingredients i've never even chopped and grilled the chicken. The meal was delicious! And now that I know my husband can cook i'm hopping for more delicious meals in the future, although I won't hold my breath for too long. =)

Chicken Tikka Masala



Byron thought this was the best meal ever! And I had to agree.



As a side note for family and friends far away here is me and Silas at 5 months. We still haven't decided if were going to go with Silas or Cylus, feel free to share your opinion.

7 comments:

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

You look positively radiant!

Marisa Hodges said...

You are so so SO cute, I can't believe your tinny little belly, I just love it. David says you look really good too (side note). I just ate dinner and got on to read some blogs and this post made me hungry all over again too! I love indian food... mmmmmmm...... I am so hungry now! p.s. Happy 14th anniversary to you!

Marisa Hodges said...

Ohh yes, and not that our opinion should count but David and I like Cylus with the "C".

Anonymous said...

Hi cute pregnant women! You look adorable. How are you feeling? 5 months! Wow- is it going fast? Oh- and that is one of my favorite Indian dishes. Yum.

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

Mmm, they can come cook that for us any time!

Suzanne said...

You are so, so beautiful.

And what awesome boys you have. Now that you know they can cook, they have no excuse to not keep it up. =)

I vote Cylus. I think. I'm not sure. But I love the name either way it's spelled.

Kaddi said...

Happy Anniversary! You must be thinking, "Thank goodness for Shane and Kaddi otherwise we might never have met." O.k. we'd like to take credit for your happiness but I guess we just introduced you guys and then you took over from there. But still we had something to do with your marital bliss. Hope to see your adorable family again someday. Hopefully our paths will cross again. I'm glad to see your guys are taking care of you. I like Cylus.