Ever Sunday evening the National Gallery of Art puts on a concert. We've been wanting to take Byron to see one and to see the Art of Power Exhibit that is currently on display. This Sunday the weather was going to be perfect and so we set out. We invited Byron's friend Bruno to come along. We love having Bruno with us, he is so much fun and so polite, we never want to take him home. We took the Metro. The boys had a great time running around while waiting for the train. Bruno handed me his cell phone to carry and we entered the train!
It's amazing how much more fun a boring train ride is when you have an awesome friend with you. Everything becomes the coolest thing, even the hand rails. It was right after this, right before going in to the first museum, that Bruno came up to us and asked where his wallet was. We responded what wallet? Apparently he had brought his wallet along with all of his allowance to spend at the gift shop. Porter and I didn't know this and after showing it to Byron he placed it in his sweatshirt pocket. Before we got on the train I zipped his sweater up because it kept falling off his shoulders and there was no wallet in it. We kept hoping that maybe he just left it in the car. Sadly, when we got back to the car there was no wallet. =( We went to the lost and found, but there was nothing. Sorry Bruno. =(Bruno was a trooper though. He realized that he lost his wallet right at the beginning of our adventure but he kept his spirits up the whole time and didn't let it ruin his outing. Way to go!
The Natural History Museum had a new Exhibit running as well, and I really wanted the boys to see it. It was all about Bones. The first settlers bones that is. I love the exhibit! I need some more people to come out and visit me so I can take them through it and have another excuse to see it!
The boys started to get a little crazy in here, they had been with out computer games for over an hour and they were starting to feel a bit like cave men! Fortunately those ancient Egyptians, understood how young boys could be so they apparently invented the first video game...


4 comments:
OH MY GOSH, HOW CUTE ARE THEY!!!!!! I LOVE THE TONS OF PICTURES YOU TOOK. YOUR THE BEST! WHAT AN AWESOME TRIP. I WAS LAUGHING AT THE PART WHERE THEY WERE HOLDING THERE HANDS UP TO GET A GOOD DEFINITION OF ART?HEE HEE BRUNO IS A DOLL! IM SO GLAD BYRON FOUND HIM. I WISH I COULD FIND SOMEONE LIKE THAT FOR JACOB, BUT IF I ADDED ONE MORE FRIEND TO OUR OUTINGS I WOULD HAVE TO BUY ONE OF THOSE HUMONGO VANS! AND MY SANITY WOULD BE FRAZLED FROM HAVING TO KEEP MY EYE ON ALL 6 KIDS. YIKES! KEEP POSTING. I HAVENT TAKEN ANY NEW PICTURES YET. LOVE YA HOLLY
ps wish I could go back to the bones exhibit, It was my favorite too.
That looks like tons of fun. I have never been to any of those places you went to (except the metro) We'll have to go. Poor Bruno. That is so sad. I can't wait for Thanksgiving!
Poor Bruno... btw, what a cool name! Bruno. I've never actually known anyone with that name. What a cool outing! Glad you guys had fun!!
Post a Comment