Monday, November 16, 2009

A little sculpture anyone?

We walked through the sculpture garden on our way to the art gallery, well actually Porter and I walked, the boys ran. =) Bryon really enjoys this garden. His Grandma was the first person to take him here and he's loved it ever since.


Here the boys are deciding whether to go on or not. Little do they know what's in store for them...

The Art Lesson!!!!
Thanks Porter for trying to teach the boys how to view Art, it got to the point where the boys were holding up their hands to answer questions and to get called on to express their interpretations of the pieces. Very cute!

Here they are pondering the meaning of a large square of weatherized steel entitled Stele II. It took a while but they came up with some very interesting interpretations.

The plaque said to enjoy a seat on these sculptures so the boys did, Porter and I were a bit disturbed by the yellow caution tape. We don't think it was part of the exhibit, but we were not sure. Needless to say we didn't linger here. Did they want us to stay and take a seat or to stay away? To conflicting for us so we snapped a picture and headed out.

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

I need to view art with Porter. I think I'd be much smarter... cuz I look at a square and I'm thinking, "hmm, a square". The caution tape is a little scary. As long as there weren't any chalk outlines of bodies I think you're okay.